By Amy MacdonaldThe traffic is heavy at this weekend’s Miami Beach boutique hotels.
The busiest of the five, the Hotel Indigo in Wynwood, will be closed to guests this week due to construction.
It’s the second hotel in Wynwoods development to be closed, after the Hotel Miami closed earlier this year.
She said Wynwood had been in contact with the Miami Beach Fire Department, and had provided them with a number of information to help with the project.”
The Wynwood Hotel Indigo and Hotel Miami are both undergoing major renovations and it is our hope to reopen the Wynwood Resort and Casino Resort within the next few weeks.”
She said Wynwood had been in contact with the Miami Beach Fire Department, and had provided them with a number of information to help with the project.
The Wynwoods hotel in Melbourne, the Wynwoods Resort and Convention Centre in Melbourne and the Wynstons in Brisbane have all been closed for renovations.
The Melbourne Hilton Hotel will be closing at the end of March, the Melbourne Marriott Hotel will close on March 30, and the Brisbane Marriott will close April 4.
The Brisbane City Council has announced it is closing all hotels on March 10.
The Government has announced the City of Melbourne is cutting all hotel services, including the popular resort hotels, to reduce congestion and save taxpayers billions.
In a statement, the Government said: “We’ve taken action to reduce the amount of people travelling to and from our hotels by increasing the number of public transport stops at hotels, and closing the hotels to people for up to 15 minutes during peak travel periods.”
The City of Hobart has also announced it will close all hotels in Hobart on March 11.
The City said the closures were part of a new plan to reduce traffic in the city centre.
“There’s been an increase in the number and volume of cars travelling to the city’s central business district, and that’s been a concern to us,” City of Canberra Mayor Linda Campbell said.
“We want to make sure that our city centre is a more attractive and walkable place to live, work and play.”
“It’s not only the hotel sector we’ve looked at as being a big issue, but also to the wider community.”
In a joint statement, Premier Mike Baird and City of Sydney Mayor Graham Quirk said they had agreed to the closures.
“I’m grateful to the City for their ongoing commitment to public transport and for the continued work of the Transport Authority, which we’ve already worked hard to reduce by half,” the statement said.
The State Government is expected to announce its new public transport plan later this month.
Topics:government-and-politics,local-government,travel-and‐tourism,hobart-7000,southport-4215,sydney-2000More stories from New South Wales